My go to breakfast has been steel cut oats with fruit and nuts. I shook it up just a tad, equal portions of steel cut oats and quinoa topped with mango, raw almonds and balsamic reduction.
I love this balsamic reduction and it makes the quinoa/steel cut oats extra yummy.
- Equipment: Small pot with lid
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Course: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 1
- Author: Bodacious Grub
- 1/8 cup steel cut oats
- 1/8 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup of water (to cook the grains)
- 1/2 cup mango
- 1/8 cup raw almonds chopped
- a nice drizzle of balsamic reduction
- Add the oats and quinoa to the water and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the grains are cooked, top them with mango, almonds and a good drizzle of the balsamic.
Bodacious breakfast, it’s all about the balsamic and grain combination.
Plus budget conscious, I found the balsamic at Grocery Outlet for $1.99. Normally it sells for 10.99 a bottle.
Don’t forget about Grocery Outlet, Bodacious Eating on a Budget.