I’m on a quest to eat healthy and that often (at least for me) means that I may lose flavor or richness in my meals and dishes. So I’m looking for ways to maximize flavor while minimizing calories. I was watching Dr. Oz and he had a wonderful guest, Dr. Fuhrman on the show. While I don’t have Dr. Fuhrman’s recipe for Almond Balsamic recipe I decided to try to make one of my own based on his creation. Not sure how it compares, but I do know it is super yummy and only 18 calories a tablespoon. Rich and creamy and fabulous on fresh salad greens. I used my Vitamix as I wanted it super creamy. Thanks Dr. Furhman for the inspiration.
- 84 g almonds
- 3/4 cup orange balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 green garlic
- Pulverize almonds in dry container of Vitamix blender.
- Pour the almonds into wet container of Vitamix.
- Add vinegars, water and green garlic, salt to taste.
- Process on high speed until creamy texture achieved.
Yield: 2 3/4 cups 44 tablespoons
790 calories for the recipe
per tablespoon 18